Tuesday 11 October 2011

Sarahbobsquarepants Quilt!


Too long ago, I started making LynneBobSquarePants squares for this quilt. I have never taken on a challenge quite this big before (each HST ends at 3 1/2" before being stitched together and this quilt has 16 blocks of 36 squares in it ( 576 squares in total). Doesn't sound like a lot but it was, believe me! I cut, I stitched, I trimmed, I stitched, I pressed & stitched & pressed some more...............you get the picture! I have really enjoyed making this quilt and absolutely love everything about it - the colours, the design, the fact that it's MINE and that I will be hand quilting it once I've decided on a backing design. BUT. I think it will be a while before I make another!




Measures approx. 72" square. I did consider adding another row of blocks to the bottom to make it into a twin size, but decided I do like square quilts for snuggling on the sofa on Winter days.



These are the best shots I could get on this blustery, grey Autumn day. Hard to believe we were in sun dresses on 1st October - how it all changes in less than 2 weeks!

The sewing continues (I'm on a roll!) - more to show later this week, once pressing work issues have been dealt with. Juggling a kit club, busy shop and retreat planning is never an easy job! Oh and the blasted VAT returns are due again *humph*


3 comments:

Teresa said...

This is gorgeous!!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Oh hurray hurray hurray hurray I love love love that you made this and cannot imagine the patience required!

Ifa said...

Gorgeous. I don't mind the cutting, sewing and pressing but I don't like the quilting part!